httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem with .htaccess
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:54:48 GMT

What does "did not work" mean? Describe in detail the failure mode (use
cut'n'paste - don't paraphrase).

> I am using this
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcovz/htpasswd.html to generate an htaccess
> password.

Please use htpasswd that came with apache. If you use a third-party
utility anything can happen and there is no guarantee that anything will
work.

> It is still refusing me to login.

And is the error message still "password mismatch"? (it is really
important to know the error message. I am not stting at your computer
and know only what you tell me so you must tell me everything.)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Am I missing something.
>
> ~WILL~