httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Lookup ?
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:56:28 GMT

- does DNS work on your machine, ie, can you resolve the IPs with
nslookup?
- are you using the default LogFormat, or do you still have %h set?
- do you know for a fact that the requests are coming from DNS listed
machines (many dial-ups etc. don't resolve).

after that, it's the silly questions:
- are you editing the correct config?
- did you restart apache?
- does HostnameLookups On refer to the same VH as the logfile?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Am I missing something ?
>
> Shouldn't I be seeing IP addresses as their named cognates ?
>
> M i l e s

> President & Toolbox Architect
> MagicMiles Software
> (413) 374 - 5161