httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Generating self-signed key doesn't work?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:28:27 GMT

So you have made a CA (Certificate Authority) cert. Well done, you need
this, but you can't use it in the server. The next steps are:

- make a CSR (certificate signing request) for your site
- sign it using the CA cert.

this produces a site cert which you can use in the VH.

There is a great selection of how-tos at:
http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-sitemap.html

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Anyone know what I am missing here? All the instructions I
> find direct me to
> do what I have done.
>
> Thanks,
> Roger