httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem with .htaccess
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:39:13 GMT

You said: "I tried to go to the command prompt and add the user that way
but it did not work." I assumed this meant that you had tried to use
htpasswd but that something went wrong. From your sentence, it wasn't
clear what. I wanted to know what went wrong (did htpasswd not run, did
it not create a new user in the file, did you make a new user but it
still wouldn't authenticate, etc.)

> And
> secondly I
> am using another computer for the email. The server is just that a
> server, so it is hard to copy and paste.

Fair enough. But since I am not looking over your shoulder, it's hard
for me to guess that.

> IT SAYS PASSWORD MISSMATCH!!!

Then that's what it is, hotshot.

> If you are going to be a smart
> ass then I
> will figure it out myself!!

Great idea. You do that. I won't trouble you anymore.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.