httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache restart and LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:25:37 GMT
Plain text please...

If you look inside apachectl (it's only a shell-script...) you'll see
that restart does a "kill -HUP". This is the hangup signal (SIGHUP)
which forces a daemon to reread its config file.

I don't think this causes the daemon to reload dynamic modules (I know
for a fact that it doesn't cause apache to reload SSL certs, for
example). I would recommend a full stop then start.

Of course, you could find this out fairly quickly by experiment - then
post back your results and let us all know.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: ashish borkar [mailto:ashish_http2003@yahoo.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 9. März 2004 12:10
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] apache restart and LoadModule php4_module
modules/libphp4.so

Hello ,
      When ./apacectl restart command is given are the DSO's completely
unloaded and then reloaded again?
For the libphp4.so , what happens when we give ./apachectl restart
command?
Does it reload a completely new libphp4.so into its address space.My
configuration is as follows :
  I have a php extension module.The php extension module is linked with
another library
Thanks & Regards
Ashish

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.