httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stuart Lamble <Stuart.Lam...@batemanbv.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual hosting for multiple ip addresses
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:36:41 GMT
Hello Apache users

It it possible to have a central apache web server that has a public IP
address nated behind a firewall, host or rather redirect web addresses to
other apache web servers on the LAN.

For example, in the </VirtualHost> section, can I point to another apache
web server on my LAN.
So that if my main url is www.abc.abc and that is hosted on my main nated
apache web server, and I want to host another server for example
hosta.abc.abc, which is on another apache server on the LAN.

Understanding that I have a single public IP address, and need to host
various web servers behind the firewall.
So DNAT could work, but then I would need to use different ports for each
server.

I am sure that apache would be smart enought to handle this, or .... Not?

Stuart