httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Don" <dnrli...@san.rr.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] IP address and apache
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:30:03 GMT
Have you considered using a no-charge service like dyndns.org? They let you
choose a name and have it "registered" to a dynamic IP address. Any time
your IP address changes, you notify their server.... all automatic....

There are others too. I use dyndns and wrote my own client to keep my IP
address/name in synch...

Don Russell

-----Original Message-----
From: Remember14a@aol.com [mailto:Remember14a@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 12:07 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] IP address and apache

Dear friends,

    Every time I connect to internet my IP address changes, I have a dynamic
IP address I don't have a static IP address.
I want to host
www.kwwa.org
www.seconddomain.org

At present if I check my computer IP address is say  111.22.33.44.
I entered directive as posted below.

    NameVirtualHost 111.22.33.44

    <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44>
    ServerName www.kwwa.org
    ServerPath /domain
    DocumentRoot /webroot/domain
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44>
    ServerName www.seconddomain.org
    ServerPath /domain2
    DocumentRoot /webroot/domain2
    </VirtualHost>

Have I done it correctly, Once second time I logon IP address will change.
How do I configure Apache.

Comments, please