httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Erik Andersson" <Erik.Anders...@consafeinfotech.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Adding SSL to an Apache Server 2
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:09:24 GMT
I had a similar question earlier which got me closer to the target but still no succes, so
I try to rewrite it.

I have a apache 2.0.43 server. I need to install SSL on that server and I am not the person
that installed it in the first place.

I have gotten the information that I can dynamically load mod_ssl if mod_so is compiled with
the server which it is.. (used httpd -l to check)

Is it possible to add ssl to the server without having access to the original sourcecode?
How do I do it?

If I look at http://www.modssl.org then the latest version is: Current Version: mod_ssl 2.8.16
for Apache 1.3.29 <http://httpd.apache.org/dist/httpd/apache_1.3.29.tar.gz>  . That
version should not be used with the Apache 2 server? Is mod_ssl already included in the 2.0
version of Apache and if so how do I configure it?

I am so confused and would be greatful if someone could enlight me.

Best Regards / Erik