httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Merrell, Vince [IT]" <vince.merr...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Images slow to load in CGI script
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:18:55 GMT

> - clear your cache, and close your browser
> - open the browser and display the image only w/o the cgi or the table
markup
> - now open the cgi page

CGI page loaded perfectly, no slow image load.

> - display the page source, copy & paste it onto a text editor
> - save that file as cgisource.html
> - remove all references to the image you think is problematic, save that
file as noimage.html

No images static HTML version loaded fine.

- anything in your server error log during this time?

Nothing.

- can you provide temporary access on the Internet to this web page?

Unfortunately, not at this stage.

One thing that has occured to me is that a lot of the CGI is in a password
protected area of the web site.
The images are also in the password protected area although this is just
where they happened to get put rather than "where they should be" I'm
wondering if this is impacting on the issues I'm seeing here. When I
displayed the image on it's own, I moved the GIF file to a non password
protected area. My guess is that the browser cached this happily from this
location.

I'll try a few more things.

Vince