httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Windows: How to Get a Real Domain Pointing to My Server?
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 05:21:29 GMT
Hi

Do you have a static IP address ?
If you have dhcp, go get a dedicated server, these are not that expensive
nowadays, but you will not become happy with dynamic addresses.

If you already have a static address, ask the ISP that hosts your domain.
They need to modify your DNS servers to point to your server. They can even
register your domains in such a way, that your own server acts as it's own
dns server.

Regards,
  Steffen

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor B. Gonzalez [mailto:apacheusergroup@vbgunz.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 5:26 AM
To: Apache Users
Subject: [users@httpd] Windows: How to Get a Real Domain Pointing to My
Server?

Hello,

  I've recently checked out the Windows HOSTS file and mapped a domain
  to 127.0.0.1 with success. I own several domains in which I would
  like to control from my own machine. What is the best procedure so
  to map my real domains to my machine?

  Links and additional information is sincerely appreciated!

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.48-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1