httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rochford, Paul" <Paul.Rochf...@itsis.ie>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Including PHP support with APACHE ?
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:05:48 GMT
Do you have the following in your httpd.conf?

LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so

And

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

Kind Rgds,
Paul Rochford

-----Original Message-----
From: James Scott [mailto:jhs_technical@cox.net]
Sent: 12 March 2004 14:20
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Including PHP support with APACHE ?

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 23:04, Dilip M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How could i include PHP support in apache ? I have these version of RPM's
> , that came with Redhat 8.0.
>
> # rpm -qa|egrep 'php|http'
> libghttp-1.0.9-5
> httpd-2.0.40-8
> php-4.2.2-8.0.5
>
> ----------------------------
>
> I tried to enable " mod_php4 " using 'webmin' , but that seems to be not
> working :((
>
> grep -i php /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> <<shows nothing >>
In the RH httpd version php is enabled /etc/httpd/conf.d with the
inclusion of the file php.conf.  If this is a default install it is
enabled.  I had problems like this at first when I attempted some
configuring.  In some types of configurations (self imposed) you can
cause the server to ignore index.php.  Google for a phpinfo script.  Put
in your document root and point your browser to localhost/filename.  It
should give you lots of nicely formated info on php.

> -Dilip

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at MailMonitor@itsis.ie and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
for the presence of known computer viruses.