httpd-users mailing list archives

From "kaustubh shinde" <shindekaust...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi error
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:49:07 GMT
Problem solved!!
But it was more weird than I thought. I had tried  #!/usr/bin/perl earlier
too. didn't work.
The problem was when i worked on the file in 'gedit' , it saved the file in
dos format with ^M and this script still worked with the perl test.cgi
command.
Anyway, thanks a lot for all of you for your help :)
Kaustubh

----Original Message Follows----
From: Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] cgi error
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 14:38:56 -0500

At 01:28 PM 3/4/2004, kaustubh shinde wrote:

>when i run it from shell with command perl test.cgi, it gives me following
>output

But when you run as

perl test.cgi

then the first line isn't being followed because you're telling the shell to
use perl explicitly.

Try running from the shell with the cmd

./test.cgi

which makes it rely on the first line for what interpreter to use. I agree
with the other posters too, it's probably the lack of a slash in front of
the path on the shebang. To be sure, type

which perl

on the shell. Paste that path after a #! and make this your first line.

On the side Kaustubh, it's amazing how many little details go into something
like this. Reminds me of why I avoid working on my car. :)

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml