httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Josie M." <josie.robin...@railinc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to have 1.3 and 2.0 coexist on the same server
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:57:21 GMT
Stating the obvious but when you build apache 1.3 and 2.0 put them in
separate directories, this can be specified during the config/install
process.

#./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache

Note that the ---prefix states where to place apache.  Hope this helps,
josie

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Old [mailto:kold@kold.homelinux.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 11:35 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] How to have 1.3 and 2.0 coexist on the same
server

Hello everyone,

I have a RH 7.3 server running Apache 1.3.27/mod_perl 1.26 that I have a
few mod_perl/HTML::Mason web apps running under.

The server house I'm hosted with will be forcing me to go to RH ES or RH
WS soon and in those distros Apache 2 and mod_perl 1.99 are installed by
default.  What I'm thinking of doing (while mod_perl 1.99 is not
production ready yet) is to build Apache 1.3.x from source on RH ES (or
WS) to run my Apache 1.3.x/mod_perl 1.26 apps.

Since Apache 2 will be listening on port 80 can I use mod_rewrite to
received request on port 80 in Apache 2 and then forward those requests
to Apache 1.3.x?

I'm sure others have had this problem before and I welcome any and all
suggestions on how I go about this.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kevin
--