httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Harrell, Roger" <rjhar...@bechtel.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL Testing
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:43:40 GMT

https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-secur
>> eserver-optionalpackages.html
>>
>> When I try to access the secure server:
>> https://www.musicwithmeaning.com/index.html
>>
>> I get a "Page cannot be displayed error"
>>
>> My ssl error logs show:
>> [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA
==
>> TRUE !?)
>
>Isn't the answer right there in the warning message? It looks like you
>set uo your own Certificate Authority (CA) and instead of using your
>server's key and certificate, signed by that CA, you instead used the
>CA's certificate instead. Make sure you are using the correct certifi

Except that I generated a self signed certificate for testing purposes. See:
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-secur
eserver-selfsigned.html

It shouldn't need a CA at all. Also all lines concerning a CA in the
ssl.conf are commented out.

Roger