httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] IP address and apache
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:33:50 GMT
On top of this you can have your real domain CNAME'd to your dydns domain name.  You will need
to use use both domain names for each virutal host if you do that though.

As for the dynamic IP use * instead of the IP in the httpd.conf file.  This means answer all
interfaces...  You only care about IP if you want to restrict the sites to an interface or
are hosting based on IP. (at least for very simple sites anyways)

Gary

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Don [mailto:dnrlinux@san.rr.com]
	Sent: Tue 3/16/2004 12:30 PM
	To: users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: RE: [users@httpd] IP address and apache

	Have you considered using a no-charge service like dyndns.org? They let you choose a name
and have it "registered" to a dynamic IP address. Any time your IP address changes, you notify
their server.... all automatic....

	There are others too. I use dyndns and wrote my own client to keep my IP address/name in
synch...

	Don Russell