httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] [Q] Scheduling service(s) (ala cron)
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:34:19 GMT
You can write a php cli version of the application and run it from a crontab.  This can do
almost everything that the web version can do, assuming that you also have a cli compiled
version.

Gary

	-----Original Message-----
	From: news on behalf of Michael T. Peterson
	Sent: Mon 3/15/2004 4:24 PM
	To: users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: [users@httpd] [Q] Scheduling service(s) (ala cron)

	Hi,

	I'm designing an Apache-based WEB site, one requirement of which is to
	update its database (MySQL) from a remote WEB site. I've written a prototype
	[php-based] function that calls into the remote site and gets the data
	whenever the page is selected.

	However, what I would like to do is write a routine (preferably PHP-based or
	Java-based) that will do this periodically, say once very 6 hours (the data
	is dynamic and changes periodically).  Does Apache offer such services?  If
	so, could someone point me to some documentation and/or examples describing
	this functionality?

	Thanks, in advance,

	Michael