httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Thorburn <immor...@nwconx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] localhost not working on XP
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:38:29 GMT
At 03:26 PM 3/21/2004, you wrote:
>I am trying to install Apache 2.0.49 on my XP Professional system - Version
>2002 Service Pack 1. All windows updates have been installed.
>Through the installation wizard I set
>Network Domain  to localdomain
>server name to localhost
>and left the for All users on Port 80'' button set.
>The installation appeared to install OK and it began as a service.
>
>When I go to the browser and input
>  http://localhost
>  http://localhost:80
>
>I get no response - the system just hangs ie sits there for minutes with no
>response.
>
>What have I missed - I have re-installed a number of times with different
>versions and have the same problem.
>
>Thanks
>Kim Evans

Just a shot in the dark, but might you have the version of IIS that came
with WinXP Pro installed already?  If so, Apache and IIS may be fighting
over which one runs as your webserver.  I've got Apache 1.3.28 and 2.0.47
installed on my system for testing and both work well, though I don't have
IIS or .NET installed.

-Tim