httpd-users mailing list archives

From SPAM TRAP <spam.t...@vianw.pt>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Can't open files bigger than 0.5kb
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:00:55 GMT
Isn't ifconfig a linux command? Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time
setting up the wireless card in Mandrake, so I'm restricted to win2k.

However, I tried changing the MTU value in windows register, but it didn't
work.
Then I changed MTU value in router from 1442 to 1492, and that caused the
ADSL connection to go down, showing "ACTIVATION" in online status. I
quickly changed the value back to 1442 before the other users came and hit
me with sticks :-). The connection got back to normal.

But now it is even worse, I can't access / by typing my internal ip address
or localhost or 127.0.0.1. Localhost is even redirected to
http://localhost.be...

Anyway, I didn't change MTU value after the first (good) install of Apache,
so that doesn't seem to be the problem. If it worked once, why shouldn't it
work now?

I'm starting to give up, windows is really messed up. I'm probably
formating the drive in the next 2/3 days...

Thank you,
Luís Brás

Ed Suominen wrote:
>Try setting your MTU=1492 in the Internet-connected NIC with "ifconfig eth0
>mtu 1492" (if eth0 is the one).
>
>Ed Suominen
>Registered Patent Agent
>Open Source Developer (Yes, both...)
>Web Site: http://www.eepatents.com

PS.: I sent a message to the list replying to Schalk Neethling but I forgot
to change the subject of the reply, so there is a message with the subject
"Re: users Digest 15 Mar 2004 01:26:03 -0000 Issue 1451". I'm sorry for
that, won't happen again. I'm   pasting the two messages below:

  - the reply:

Thanks for checking Schalk.

But the downloaded files weren't corrupt? If they werent, then you're the
first one to accomplish that. All the other persons that tried get 0 byte
files. Could you try with one of these files and check the size and/or try
to open them, please?

http://scientia.dyndns.org/dma.pld.txt -> contains text, 1.65kb
http://scientia.dyndns.org/dma.doc -> contains formated text, 127kb

Thank you!
Luís Brás

  - In answer to Schalk Neethling, who wrote:

I could get access to any file and downloaded without any problems accessing
via: <http://scientia.dyndns.org>

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling