httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <MLand...@face2interface.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi error
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:49:22 GMT
At 05:25 PM 3/4/2004, Evan Borgstrom wrote:
>Ya that's actually quite an annoying problem I've come across a number
>of times in customers scripts. Perl can work around the ^M within the
>file but the shell cannot so it is literally trying to execute
>/usr/bin/perl^M which of course does not exist.

Is this similar to - or exactly what happens when a perl script gets
uploaded to a unix server from a windows workstation in binary rather than
ascii mode? I've always wondered why unix would care about some \r's coming
in from a windows box.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml