httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <MLand...@face2interface.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] suexec debugging
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:35:10 GMT
At 09:37 PM 3/1/2004, Dan MacNeil wrote:

>My wild guess is that the DocumentRoot in httpd.conf and the file system
>is different than what you compiled suexec with so you are out of luck
>until you recompile.

Is there a simple way for me to confirm what suexec /was compiled with?
Like what about when you might come into a server you didn't personally set
up? Or is tailing the log after a (failed) access attempt the easiest there is?

>If you could include:
>
>         your <virtual> directive
>         ls -lR on relevant places
>         bits of suexec.log
>         bits of error.log

Hah, I spent time trying to carefully set up a test case and document it -
learned about groups and wouldn't ya know it works now!

The part I hate about learning something that was such a pita before is
that now I don't understand what the fuss was about to begin with. Yikes.
And thanks Dan.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml