httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kaplan, Andrew H." <AHKAP...@PARTNERS.ORG>
Subject [users@httpd] REPOST: Problem With The Alias and ScriptAlias
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:51:53 GMT
I have set up an Apache server (1.3.29 w/ mod_ssl) such that a user will be
automatically redirected to the secure port when logging into the system.
The next thing I am doing is setting up the nagios ScriptAlias and Alias
directives so an application's welcome page comes up automatically. I have
added the
appropriate information to the httpd.conf file and have restarted the
server.

The problem I am encountering is the following: If I enter the server
hostname with the application share, ie: http://nagios/nagios, I get the
following error message:

				nagiosnagios could not be found. Please
check the name and try again.

If I first enter the server hostname, and then enter the application share,
the welcome screen comes up without difficulty.