httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Strader, William A (WAX)" <strad...@y12.doe.gov>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.x/2.x Proxy Logging
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:21:38 GMT
The IP's are modified... Due to some of the information is senstive I had to
change some data to be generic... it is locked down more and it has it so
other internal IP's can access it.  As for the log file... correct nothing
in it...

Thanks,

Billy S.
WebPool
Office: (865) 425-5178
Pager: (865) 417-5012

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 4:00 PM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.x/2.x Proxy Logging

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Strader, William A (WAX) wrote:

> Well we have it set to log:
>
> <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
>         ServerName myserver.mydomain.com
>         ServerAdmin my@email.com
>         ErrorLog /data/httpd/logs/error_log
>         TransferLog /data/httpd/logs/access_log
>         ProxyRequests on
>         NoCache *
>         <Directory proxy:*>
>                 order deny,allow
>                 deny from all
>                 allow from 127.0.0.1
>         </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> However we are not seeing anyone in the log file... Can you give me some
> sort of hint how my config needs to look to log the request?

Do you mean the log file is empty?  Well, this configuration only allows
users on the same computer to use the proxy.  Is that what you intend?

You also haven't specified anything about the log format.  To see how to
use CustomLog and LogFormat in place of TransferLog, see the link that I
gave you:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/logs.html

Joshua.