httpd-users mailing list archives

From Max.Dittr...@t-online.de (Max Dittrich)
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache with mod_ssl and php in a chrooted environment?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:53:36 GMT
Hi,

Joseph Oaks wrote:

> Thanks Max, when I did the ldd, I put everything in the same dirs as
> they were on the real system. However someone else suggested I put
> the kerberos libs in the chroot's /lib.

Sure, '/lib' and '/usr/lib' are the default directories searched by the
linker ld.so. BTW setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH at execution time or
LD_RUN_PATH at compile time to '/use/kerberos/lib' would have been
another solution.

>                                         This worked, my only problem
> now is that the chroot is not recognizing the /etc/passwd files. I'm
> working it out though. BTW great idea about the ld.so.cache, I will
> check that out, that may be part of my problem with the passwd file
> too.

See this HOWTO about setting up a chrooted apache installation

    http://penguin.epfl.ch/chroot.html#h3-switch

I used it as a nice starting point some years ago. It mentions the need
for /lib/libnss_***.so (/etc/nsswitch.conf!) and /lib/libresolv.so

> Note: The libresolv library will be needed as well (This will become
> evident when PHP is installed).

.max