httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jack Lauman <jlau...@nwcascades.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Enabling SSL
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:14:35 GMT
I'm running Apache 2.0.49 with OpenSSL 0.9.7d and mod_jk 2.0.4-dev.

I just purchased a certificate for a host with a fixed public IP
address.  I'm currently using name-based hosting.  I want the cert
to work with the primary site only.  The "listen 443" directive has
been added, the server starts up properly, asks for the cert password
and the SSL config appears in system-info.  When browsing using
https:// it fails with an unknown protocol message in the logs.  Using
:443 displays the page in non-ssl mode.

What do I need to the server to respond to its FQDN name in SSL mode?

Thanks,

Jack