httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vi ...@bexout.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rebuild
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:06:15 GMT
I can't use rpm, it's simply not what I need. Becouse I want to install
mod_jk2, and I have problems doing this,
with current apache installed form rpm. The layout is the big problem.
Here at office I have slack9 and by
default apache 1.3 was istalled. I compiled apache2 and installed it,
and... :)) in /usr/bin/httpd was apache 2,
and in /usr/sbin/httpd was apache 1.3. I did rm /usr/sbin/httpd; ln -s
/usr/bin/httpd /usr/sbin/httpd. It worked
ok, but configuration files were in different place. But I still have
problem with stopping it :) why?
Anyway, I don't have rh9 here to experiment, so will stick to apache
2.0.40+mod_proxy for some time.
Thanks for your help :)