httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Strickland <j...@americanroamer.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Password protected folder within another password protected folder
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:21:31 GMT
Sorry about the paragraph. I was just typing as I was thinking and
well...now you know how I think.

Below is a copy of how I have this particular client section setup, with
names changed to protect the guilty. Unfortunately, even though I have
the private folder requiring a certain user, the regular client login is
still accessing it. HELLLP!!!

<Directory "/var/www/html/abcdefg.com/client/03">
AuthName "Joes Nails"
AuthType Basic
require valid-user
AuthUserFile /clients/ClientPasswords/03/passwords
</Directory>
<Directory "/var/www/html/abcdefg.com/client/03/Proofing Area/John Doe">
AuthName "Joes Nails"
AuthType Basic
require user johndoe