httpd-users mailing list archives

From webw...@island.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] strange log entries
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:41:36 GMT
I have set the DNS flag to show the names.  They appear to be legit
users, most of which come from Asia.  It is possible that they are
indeed in "non-english".  However the repeat pattern just appears to
show a long string of repeat garbage.  I have gathered there are a
lot of folks poking at the system by just using directory headings.
Most of which appear to be for Windows stuff.  Apache obviously is
on top of it as it responds with a 404 error.  There are a lot of these
searches from comcast.net and attbi.com.  I can't call them attacks
as they just request directories and the like which do not exist
withing apache and my system.