httpd-users mailing list archives

From Susan Hall <sueh...@prodigy.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Setting basic auth with plugin
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:44:37 GMT

I need to set basic auth by ip address on a webserver whose requests are
forwarded to websphere via the websphere plugin module.  The Deny/Allow
from directives do not take effect for anything that the plugin grabs
and forwards.  I've had this same problem with mod_webapp.  The module
handling is done prior to the auth handling I guess.  Anything the
websphere module does not forward is denied access per the  Allow/Deny
setup, but all websphere requests are allowed through.

Can someone give me a pointer on how to config httpd.conf so that acl
restriction by ip can work?

Thanks, Susan