httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] proxypass problem
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 14:57:25 GMT

K Anand wrote:

> We are using apache 1.3.xx to redirect some of the
> requests that our main
> server gets to another internal server. We are using
> ProxyPass and
> ProxyReversePass for this . when the request is being
> sent to the internal
> server from the main server, the HTTP headers that the
> client has sent to
> the main server
> are being replaced. We have mod_gzip running on the
> internal server. Since
> the headers are getting changed (HTTP/1.0 and
> accept-encoding is not coming
> from main server), mod_gzip is not compressing. Is it
> possible
> for the main server to forward the headers that it has
> got to the internal
> server or do we need to run mod_gzip on the main
> server itself.

You don't mention exactly what version of 1.3, but I know that some 1.3
versions are strictly HTTP/1.0 proxies, and other versions are HTTP/1.1
on the server end but HTTP/1.0 on the server end.  I'm not sure about
the most recent version, since I haven't tested it.

Apache 2.0, on the other hand, is HTTP/1.1 on both sides of the proxie.
  So you might consider upgrading and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Joshua.