httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Marcelo P. Lima" <m...@cornell.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Mod_rewrite not working on 1.3.28
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:20:32 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have a dev environment on my laptop, apache 1.3.29 on Mac OS X, and a
production environment, apache 1.3.28 on RH Linux 7.2.

In the dev environment, my httpd.conf file has the following inside a
VirtualHost directive:

	RewriteRule ^/digital$  /digital.php

to map requests. This works perfectly on the 1.3.29 installation (dev),
but doesn't work at all on the 1.3.28 installation (production). The
specific error is a 404 (request /digital/20040101 not found).

In both installations, I am loading the mod_rewrite module. Everything
else seems identical... so I don't know how else to troubleshoot this
problem.

For good measure, I added

	RewriteEngine on

in the VirtualHost of the production installation (as instructed by the
httpd docs), to no avail.

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks,
Marcelo