httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Liu <Dan....@state.mn.us>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] csv download - Enter Network Password
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:16:04 GMT
Thanks, George. We will leave it the way it is. People from outside of
network are not asked for username and password.

Thanks again for your help.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: George Gallen [mailto:ggallen@slackinc.com]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 1:01 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] csv download - Enter Network Password

Other than putting it in a top-level non-password protected directory...

I believe...I'm sure I'll be corrected :) that you can't make a directory

   public access, if any of the parent directories are password protected.

I tried to do something of the sort, and couldn't since we protect the /
directory.

I don't know if you could setup a second "website" that resolved to the same

  IP, used the same directories but had a different authentication setup.

George