httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mario Ohnewald" <mario.Ohnew...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] UserDirand final slash /
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:34:41 GMT

> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Mario Ohnewald wrote:
>
> > Hello List!
> >
> > When i try to access the url
> >   domain.com/~user/
> > it works fine, and it uses the home directory of the user.
> > The url
> >     domain.com/~user
> > although will use the path:
> >   /home/sts/www/~user
> > for some reason.
>
> Start here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#set-servername

Using Alias is properly not a very nice solution to this, i thought i must
have made a mistake in my config paths:

   279	DocumentRoot /home/sts/www
   280
   281	#
   285	#
   286	# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
   287	# permissions.
   288	#
   289
   290	<Directory />
   291	    Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
   292	        AllowOverride  AuthConfig
   293	</Directory>
   294
   295
   296	#
   302
   303	AccessFileName .htaccess
   304
   317	<Directory /home/sts/www>
   318
   319
   333	    Options Includes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Indexes
   334
   335	#
   336	# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
   337	# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options",
"FileInfo",
   338	# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
   339	#
   340
   341	AllowOverride AuthConfig FileInfo Limit
   342	#
   343	# Controls who can get stuff from this server.
   344	#
   345	    Order allow,deny
   346	    Allow from all
   347	</Directory>
   348
   349	#
   350	# UserDir: The name of the directory which is appended onto a user's
home
   351	# directory if a ~user request is received.
   352	#
   353	<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
   354		UserDir disabled root
   355		UserDir /home/webspace/*
   356	</IfModule>
   357
   358	#
   359	# Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example
   360	# for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
   361	#
   362
   363
   364	<Directory /home/webspace/*/>
   365	php_flag engine off
   366
   367		<Files .php*>
   368			Order allow,deny
   369			Deny from all
   370		</Files>
   371
   372
   373	    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
   374	    Options Indexes MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
   375	    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
   376	        Order allow,deny
   377	        Allow from all
   378	    </Limit>
   379	    <Limit PUT DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
   380	        Order deny,allow
   381	        Deny from all
   382	    </Limit>
   383	</Directory>
   384
   385	#
   386	# DirectoryIndex: Name of the file or files to use as a pre-written
HTML
   387	# directory index.  Separate multiple entries with spaces.
   388	#
   389	<IfModule mod_dir.c>
   390	    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.htm index.shtml
   391	</IfModule>