httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Images slow to load in CGI script
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:02:11 GMT
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:24:15 -0000, Merrell, Vince [IT] wrote:

>  bit that's confusing me now more than anything is that if I copy
>  the resulting HTML which the CGI generates and put that into a
>  static HTML file, all loads just fine even with the HTML

A though that may be completely wrong:

Could it be that it takes a long time for the CGI to actually finish sending the document?
And I don't mean a long time to send the actual HTML, but a long time to finish?

It could be that the browser first waits for the complete document before downloading/displaying
the images. If this happens and it takes a long time for the document to finish (even thouhg
the actual contents of it might have beens completely transferred), the symptoms could be
what you describe.

Regards
/Jonas
--