httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hans van Kilsdonk <h...@vankilsdonk.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] Suexec userdir problem (Apache 2.0.49)
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:23:35 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm running Apache 2.0.49 with suexec support, and it runs great.
However, I've got one problem with the UserDir directive and suexec.
This is my setup:

Every virtual host has it's document root under:

/home/sites/

eg. /home/sites/site1/web , /home/sites/site2/web, etc.. The home dir of
every virtual host's mainuser is /home/sites/site1/. Every virtual host
can have more users. These 'subusers' have their homedir at
/home/sites/site1/users/<username>. Now I've set the UserDir directive
in httpd.conf to "web", so every user can upload their site to
$homedir/web. I also compiled suexec with the
'--with-suexec-userdir=web'. However, when I try to test suexec by
placing a testscript in:

/home/sites/site1/users/<username>/web/test.pl

and access it using:

http://www.domain.nl/~username

it does not work (Internal server error). When I take a look at the
suexec log, it gives me this:

target uid/gid (1013/119) mismatch with directory (1015/119) or program
(1015/119)

This means that Apache is trying to execute the script as the main user
(1013) instead of the subuser (1015). I looked at the source code of
suexec, and when suexec receives a value like "~user", it's a userdir
request. However, Apache does not send the "~user" to suexec (Apache
just sends the users who is configured under SuexecUserGroup). What am I
doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
 Hans