httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martin Ansant <martin_ans...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth ...
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:56:48 GMT
Hi there,

I've been googling without results , please help ..

I'm running apache 1.3 with the standard mod_auth on a
redhat 7.2 machine.
then whenever I place a .htaccess file in a  directory

==============.htaccess=====================
AuthType Basic
AuthName "title"
AuthUserFile htaccess_user
AuthGroupFile htaccess_group
<Limit POST>
require group group1
require user user1 user2 user3
</Limit>
====================================
then I get :

configuration error:  couldn't check access.  No
groups file?: path/to/the/script_trying_to_run

things I've checked, (I haven't configure the system,
it is a "company-production-server " and Im very new
there :-()

1. if auth_pam is used -> NO
2. if  AllowOverride is correct -> YES
3. if the groupfile userfile exist -> YES
4. if there is any include overriding -> NO
5. if groupfile userfile are broken Symlinks -> NO
6. if files have proper permisions -> YES
and a tons of more things that dont remember now ...

Any suggestion ?
Im sorry if Im not giving enough info (Im new to
apache) please let me know if you need to know
anything else.

TIA.

-martin