httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anders Norrbring" <and...@norrbring.biz>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite, or what?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:37:18 GMT

I have a small problem...  I run Apache2 with name based virtual hosts at
port 80.  I also have an administrative page at https on port 443.

Now, the problem is that the admin page is reached by https://www.server.tld

If I go to a virtual host at http://www.virtual.tld that works perfectly
well, but if I should type in https://www.virtual.tld the admin page comes
up and in the browsers URL window it looks like it's the virtual hosts admin
site, not the base URL for the SSL admin page.

How can I fix this?  Either so that a https call to a virtual host shows
nothing at all, or an error page, or it gets routed to the "right address"?

If you have a solution, please elaborate it for me, I'm new to Apache2 and
not at all familiar with the inner workings.

Anders Norrbring