httpd-users mailing list archives

From Raymond <supp...@bigriverinfotech.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy Questions
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:41:31 GMT

> ProxyPass /foo http://foo.example.com/bar
> ProxyPassReverse /foo http://foo.example.com/bar
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost _default_:*>
> # Regular server
> DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache2
> </VirtualHost>

So,

1)Forward Proxy - in example client browser configures for proxy as
<host-or-ip>:<port>  (same as squid)

2) Reverse Proxy - This is where I remain unclear. It would appear that for
the Reverse Proxy to work; the URL would have to include :8082. What I desire
is a transparent Reverse Proxy: a port 80 web accelerator to a port 8082
httpd. Would simply configuring for port 80 in lieu of 8082,  including
ProxyRequests Off and the <proxy *> code block accomplish this? In other
words, does ProxyRequests Off and <proxy *> code block within a VirtualHosts
code segment automatically implement Reverse Proxy within a VirtualHost?

Raymond