httpd-users mailing list archives

From jtlapp <jtl...@tlab.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: a wicked web...
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 14:26:31 GMT
George,

Check your httpd.conf file for the port it's listening on.  Most are set to
port 8080. Here's what that section of the httpd.conf looks like.

###
### IP Address/Port and Proxied configuration section
###
# The APACHEPROXIED setting can be set in /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd if you
# are using a proxy or accelerator, like the Apache-SGI or khttpd, so that
# the fast web server serves static content while Apache handles the
# cgi or php files

#BindAddress *
<IfDefine APACHEPROXIED>
    Port 8080
    Listen 8080

Change the port and listen directives to 80 and your apache install will be
visable to ANYONE who can connect to your machine. If  you don't want to go
public yet you can leave the port/listen set to 8080 and just point your
browser to http://127.0.0.1:8080  or http://localhost:8080.

After you mod your httpd.conf run /bin/apachectl configtest to check your
httpd.conf for errors. If configtest sez all is well then apachectl start to
start apache.

John