httpd-users mailing list archives

From George Boston <gbost...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: questions...
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:29:14 GMT
Daniel:  27.0.0.0.1 gives 'page cannot be displayed', no 404 error.  Thanks.  --G

Daniel Guido <infiniteedge@speakeasy.net> wrote:
well apache doesnt really have uber cool graphics haha. it doesnt look
like anything out of the ordinary is going on although i admit its been
a long time since i ran apache from a dos prompt. the little [notice]
things aren't problems, theyre just notices... apache is telling you
what its doing and it doesnt look like its doing anything wrong.

i completely agree with what another guy on this list said: winme isnt a
server os and you might save yourself a lot of trouble by installing it
as a service on win2000/xp.

try running apache again and once the dos window says those things, open
a browser and go to http://127.0.0.1/ and report back with what happens.
did you get a 404 error? also, post your config file.