httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roland Kwee" <kweel...@xs4all.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] Proposal for improved config files
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:09:26 GMT
Hi,

Configuration is never simple, but I came up with some improvements.
I broke up httpd.conf into a modular structure.
Now you can modify, say, virtual hosts, without touching,
other config files dealing with, say, restricting some directories.
Or, enable/disable indexing by moving the config file indexing.conf
in or out the directory SUB that is seen with the directive INCLUDE SUB.

I think this is great and should have happened much earlier,
but what do you guys (&girls) think of it?
Please have a look at the complete config at:
   http://www.xs4all.nl/~rkwee/apache_mod_conf/

Included are some short README files explaining why I did this,
what I think "modular" means, why this is "good",etc.

I can do more if your response indicates a need,
and I can do better if you point out errors or areas for improvements.
Thanks for considering this contribution.

Regards, Roland