httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Buglass <adam.bugl...@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL running http, not https
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:50:02 GMT
I'm not sure if this will help or if I'm going off at a tangent.

When I activated SSL on one of our virtualhosts I had to effectively
create a second virtual host which would respond on https, although it
was exactly the same in every other way.

This worked for me as I only needed part of my site to be encrypted and
could later link to the secure site via an absolute URL. I could have
put a redirection on the http if I wanted the entire site to be
encrypted.

I imagine you could create a new secure virtual host and simply set your
default host to redirect to it.

(I'm not sure if that was how I intended to do it or if I merely found a
workaround!!)

HTH
Adam.