httpd-users mailing list archives

From Didier Peereboom Voller <did...@simpelinternet.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] Segfault with apache limping on. What does it mean?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:31:50 GMT
Hello,

I got a report that server was down and had been rebooted.

In the log I found this message

Mar 25 22:08:41 s7 apache2[10083]: segfault at 0000003500000034 rip
0000002a9600c384 rsp 000000
7fbffff920 error 6

I can see that the server had problems as at exactly that time the
traffic took a plunge. However apaches error_log happily went on listing
missing images and such. Suggesting that at least part of apache was
working. I use the worker MPM model on a dual opteron if that helps. It
is a pure static content server. Nothing fancy.

Any know how I would start to investigate this? I can't seem to even
find a list of segfault messages. Error 6 doesn't tell me anything :(

Thanks for the help,
Didier Peereboom.