httpd-users mailing list archives

From hunter <theanti...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Changing Port Apache listens on?
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:09:19 GMT
On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 11:26, George Hester wrote:
> I am using Apache 1.3 downloaded and installed in Cygwin on Windows 2000 Server SP3.
> I use IIS for my website but want to investigae using Apache.
> That means I have to change the port Apache listens on.
> So I went here to find out how to change the port that Apache listens on:
>
> http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-Apache-2035-change-port-number.html
>
> I did a search in C:\cygwin on httpd and found these:
>
> cyghttpd.dll in c:\cygwin\bin
> httpd.conf in c:\cygwin\etc\apache
> httpd.conf.default in c:\cygwin\etc\apache
> httpd.h in c:\cygwin\usr\inlude\apache
> httpd.exe in c:\cygwin\usr\sbin
> httpd.8 in c:\cygwin\usr\share\man\man8
> httpd.pid in c:\cygwin\var\run
> httpd.html.en in c:\cygwin\var\www\htdocs\maual\programs
> httpd.html.html in c:\cygwin\var\www\htdocs\maual\programs
> httpd.html.ja.js in c:\cygwin\var\www\htdocs\maual\programs
>
> Following the above article I assume I want to make the change in httpd.conf in c:\cygwin\etc\apache.
> So to that end I opened httpd.conf in Notepad and did a search on listen.
>
> It seems there is no "listen" 80 in this file but Apache is Listening on port 80.
> Everything in httpd.conf that has anything to do with "listen" look to
> be just comments.  I can find no listen 80 anywhere.
>
> So how do I change the port that Apache 1.3 is listening on.  I have included the
> htypd.conf so you can see what I am talking about.  Thanks.
>

> George Hester

George,

Sorry, I initially replied only to your hotmail account...

In the Apache_1.3.29-Mod_SSL_2.8.16-Openssl_0.9.c-Win32.zip (from my
sight http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/apache) I have just verified that there
are two lines in httpd.conf that contain the Listen command, line 149
and line 150 - both are commented out.

However Apache 1 also used the Port directive that is no longer used in
Apache 2. So on line 269 you find the Port directive - change this. In
Apache 2 the Port directive was dropped, Listen was used instead and the
port number was also added to the end of the servername.