httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Henry" <he...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] calling ssh/scp shell processes from within apache
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:17:41 GMT
> Thanks for the input, i've done that...but i used a passphrase and have
> error_log entries complaining 'You have no controlling tty.  Cannot read
> passphrase'....which makes sense.  So the first step i need to take is to
> recreate the keys, but i was just curious if you had this working from a
> browser.  Seems like you do, but i wanted to verify.

Well, not a browser - it's a PHP job I'm running via cron, but I think it should work as a
webpage.  You might have to see who apache is running as ("nobody"?), and set up the ssh authorizations
using that user.

The only other thing I can suggest is using the "-Bq" options on scp.

    -B      Selects batch mode (prevents asking for passwords or passphrases).
    -q      Disables the progress meter.

-Hank