httpd-users mailing list archives

From mrmikey...@comcast.net
Subject [users@httpd] new to apache2, having a modrewrite problem
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:32:54 GMT
I've got a setup where we have a machine:

machine.company.com

and we wanted it to resolve to "somesite.org"

On top of that, the site is running Apache2 as a frontend to Zope (running on port 8080),
so the latter could serve up a PLone website.

We currently have the following line in our httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On

      RewriteRule ^/icons/ - [L]

      RewriteRule /manage \
     http://machine.company.com:8080/manage
   RewriteRule ^/(.*) \  http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/testsite/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
 </IfModule>

This works perfectly for redirecting all matches to the zope server, but I want to add some
exception so if the user goes to www.somesite.org/data, it goes to a Subversion server managed
by Apache2, instead of being intercepted by Zope.  Wha t is it that I need to put in to exclude
my "data" directory from being rewritten by Apache2/served up by Zope?  Thanks for any help.