httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roger Lipscombe" <ro...@differentpla.net>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTPS breaks DirectoryIndex in .htaccess?
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:08:13 GMT
In my /var/www/flimsy.home.differentpla.net/webmail directory, I've got a
.htaccess file containing the line:

DirectoryIndex index.php

Using Internet Explorer, if I connect to
http://flimsy.home.differentpla.net/webmail/, I see the index.php file
correctly (in that it redirects me to the webmail's login.php file).

If I connect to https://flimsy.home.differentpla.net/webmail/, the
DirectoryIndex line doesn't kick in, and I see the list of files instead.

I've got the following in my httpd.conf file:

<VirtualHost _default_>
    ServerName flimsy.home.differentpla.net
    DocumentRoot /var/www/flimsy.home.differentpla.net

    <Directory /var/www/flimsy.home.differentpla.net/webmail/>
        AllowOverride All
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

...so the AllowOverride line appears to be working when accessed via HTTP,
but not when accessed by HTTPS.

What am I doing wrong?  Note that 'flimsy' is a test box: it's not an
Internet-facing box.

Cheers,
Roger.