httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nid" <mk_s...@comcast.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.40 with dual nics
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:20:00 GMT
I'm using Red Hat 8 which includes Apache 2.0.40.  On a handful of installations http does
not seem to work...as in...there is no response from the web server.  On the installations
where this has been the case....they have all had more than 1 NIC installed.  I have not seen
this issue with any server that has just 1 nic.  However, I have installed on a dual nic box
where it does work.  (Keep in mind that the httpd configuration on all of these boxes is identical.)
 So far...the only thing that I can find in common between the boxes that don't work is that
1 of the nics is integrated into the motherboard.  I have tried the following with no success:

Deactivating 1 of the NICs in the network config
Removing 1 of the NICs in the network config
Specifying the IP in the conf file  (ie....Listen  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 instead of Listen 80)

There are no error messages whatsoever in any of the log files that I have seen when trying
to connect to the web server.  So, I was wondering if anyone else had run into a similar issue
and if you found a solution to it.  All the servers I've installed on have been of varying
hardware.  Again, I've never seen this problem with any server that has only 1 nic.  It has
been a problem on every server with more than 1 nic with 1 exception.  The exception did not
have an integrated nic....while, so far as I can remember, the others did.  Thank you for
any help/advice.

nid