httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Hahnefeld" <ahahnef...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] .php files as CGI without shebang
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:18:51 GMT
Hi,

I'm running Apache v1.3.29 on Debian and configured PHP and Perl as CGI...
'cause i wanted to wrap them with suExec...
Now I wanted to install some PHP-projects but mostly these are missing the
shebang line...
Have I to add to every .php-file a '#!/usr/bin/php' or is there a way to
tell Apache that special files have to be executed by a special program?
For example i want Apache to execute every .php file with '/usr/bin/php'...
I tried already the 'Action'-Directive but it didn't function as I wanted...
maybe it was my fault...

But I don't want to give up the CGI-concept and run them over mod_php 'cause
of security reasons...
Or is out there something like suExec which works with mod_php?

Or is there a misconfiguration on my side... I'm thankful for every hint...

Thanks
   Andreas Hahnefeld