httpd-users mailing list archives

From "DvDmanDT" <dvdma...@telia.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] unable to start httpd
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:24:22 GMT
Just because it says syntax error, it doesn't really mean it has to be one..
It seems like the .so file is corrupt.. BTW, is that even possible to use on
other platforms than win32?
// DvDmanDT
MSN: dvdmandt¤hotmail.com
Mail: dvdmandt¤telia.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kemin Zhou" <kemin.zhou@ferring.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 11:21 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] unable to start httpd

> I have been using the RedHat distribution of httpd that is installed at
> /etc/httpd with most component compiled as *.so
>
> Recently I have the need to compile my own version of httpd
>
> Here my configuration is pretty much default
>
> ./configure --with-mpm=worker --enable-auth-anon --enable-auth-dbm
> --enable-auth-digest --enable-mods-shared="isapi cern-meta dav dav-fs
> deflate expires headers proxy_connect proxy_ftp proxy_http proxy python
> rewrite speling unique_id usertrack vhost_alias"
>

> then
> make
> make install
>
> The default installation goes to
>
> /usr/local/apaches
>
> When starting the server with
>
> apachectl -f /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
> Syntax error on line 232 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_isapi.so into server:
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_isapi.so: undefined symbol: SetLastError
>
> I am getting an error message.
>
> The content at line 232 looks normal, I don't see a Syntax error
>

>     229 # Example:
>     230 # LoadModule foo_module modules/mod_foo.so
>     231 #
>     232 LoadModule isapi_module modules/mod_isapi.so
>     233 LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
>
> I must be doing something wrong, Can any one give me some help?
>
> ====
> I have uninstalled the old version of apache from the RedHat default
> locations
>
> Kemin

> Proprietary or confidential information belonging to Ferring Holding SA or
to one of its affiliated companies may be contained in the message. If you
are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for the
delivery of the message to such person), please do not copy or deliver this
message to anyone. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the
sender by reply e-mail. Please advise the sender immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to e-mail for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message represent the opinion of
the sender and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views and
opinions of Ferring.