httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Pearce" <mattpea...@swiftdsl.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] backup www server
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:05:53 GMT
I like the second idea a lot, so if I get what you mean correctly I have
currently have this for my www server in my dns zone file:

www.xxxxxxxx.com.au.           IN A    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I would simply add:

www.xxxxxxxx.com.au          IN    A    yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

Thanks

Matt.

Two solutions :

for apache 1.3.x : mod_backand (an old module to manage a grid of WWW
servers
=> cluster

Simply define 2 servers behind an alias in your DNS server